Saturday, March 7, 2009
Friday, January 30, 2009
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Monday, October 27, 2008
Monday, October 13, 2008
Top 10 things reflexology can do that medicine can't
1. Phantom Limb pain
4. Cancer and chemo
7. Aids mentally ill providing needed benefits to reflexology work
8. Research showed relief from post traumatic stress syndrome
9. Measures of stress are significantly decreased
10. Immediate feelings of wellbeing
1. Research shows that reflexology work alleviates and, at times, eliminate phantom limb pain
2. Reflexology is beneficial for post-partum women including issues such as Anxiety and depression and recovery from Cesarean section.
3. Research shows that reflexology work reduces physiologic measures for diabetics and is an effective treatment for type II diabetes mellitus. Circulation to the feet is improved also.
4. Thirteen studies from seven countries (US, Italy, Japan, China, Switzerland, Korea, United Kingdom) target cancer care and show the benefits of reflexology work including anxiety, depression, fatigue, pain, nausea, and vomiting.
5. Neuropathy Research shows improvement in blood flow rate, time and acceleration within the feet following reflexology work
6. Research shows that reflexology work helps individuals undergoing hemodialysis: Improves the kidney’s functions with changes in physiologic measures: an increase in red blood cells (to combat anemia concerns), increase in lymphocytes (to help fight infection), and enhances disposal of waste products.
7. Reflexology programs and research shows that reflexology aids the mentally ill, providing needed benefits unique to reflexology work. Mental health workers report that reflexology work furnishes many advantages including facilitating communication
8. Victims of post traumatic stress syndrome experienced relief from symptoms including anger, depression and muscle tension as well as improved sleep patterns, levels of concentration and a lift in overall mood.
9. Measures of stress such as blood pressure, pulse rate and self-reported anxiety are significantly decreased, decreased or lowered.
The last point came from a client. He said when "I go to the doctor I don't know what the outcome will be. But when I see you I always feel better." He said it was a feeling of well being and that is what he paid for.
Kevin Kunz http://www.reflexology-research.com