Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Shalom to the Woman's Shabbat Retreat!

I want to personally thank each and every woman who attended my workshop on Saturday, March 29, 2008! It was a pleasure to meet each and everyone of you and I want you to know that my life was enriched in ways that I am also grateful for.
As promised, I am posting some Questions & Answers from our workshop for the benefit of all attendees. If you have personal and individual questions please feel free to contact me privately by phone or e-mail which are both located on my business card that you received in your lavender sachet and which are also printed on your handouts.
As soon as I can learn how to post word, publisher and pdf files on my blog site, I will be adding copies of the handouts which you received as well as additional handouts that you can share with your family and friends. If you prefer to have them faster, please call me and I would be more than happy to mail out a packet directly to you. I will also make available the reflexology golf ball hand routine that I was unable to demonstrate for concern that some of you may have become ill right after lunch, plus the room was warmer than expected and most importantly there was no water available to to to help flush out the toxins from your system. As a practitioner, it would have been irresponsible for me to have you work on areas of your digestive system as any one of you could have become lightheaded, dizzy, nauseated, just from working on those areas. Since you still had additional sessions that afternoon I wanted to leave you safe rather than feeling ill. I only had your best interest at heart.
Question: Why are certain organs primarily on one foot or hand and not show on the other foot or hand according to the charts we saw in class and received in our handouts?
Answer: Great question! The reason for this is the charts are according to where our organs are located in our body. For example, our liver is located on the right side of our body thus is represented on our right foot and right hand. This applies to all other organs. When organs are split down our mid line they are shared by both our right and left hands and feet.
Question: What are your rates?
Answer: I typically refer individuals to my website as I have very detailed information available 24 hours a day/7 days a week. In addition, I offer three different session times 30, 60 and 90 minutes and a variety of rates depending on if you are coming for an initial consultation, regular sessions or are a part of my Foot of the Month Club. Here is the link to my services page http://www.aquietsole.com/services.htm to answer all of your questions. I also offer spa foot soaks and hot stone massage for longer sessions.
Question: Where are you located?
Answer: I am located in North Overland Park in the area of Shawnee Mission Parkway & Lamar. Since I work out of my home, I will only give clients my actual address upon booking an appointment with me. This prevents walk-in clients, which I do not accept and protects the confidentiality of my family and privacy for clients as well.
Question: What's the difference between massage and reflexology?
Answer: Massage is where you remove your clothing so the therapist can massage the actual area that is expressing pain and discomfort. With reflexology, the only clothing you are required to removed are your shoes, socks and jewelry from your hands so that the therapists can apply pressure to specific "pressure sensors" on your hands and feet that correspond to your particular organ. In addition, Reflexology is a completely separate modality and specialty apart from massage. It has its own local, national and international organizations and is making great progress and recognition in the complement and alternative therapy community. Also, mainstream medicine has begun to start paying attention to the many health benefits of reflexology.
Question: What does breast cancer have to with reflexology?
Answer: My Jewish aunt is a breast cancer survivor which I am so thankful for as she is one special friend and woman in my life. That is why the golf balls have the word 'hope' on them along with the breast cancer ribbon and you have a handout on how to perform a breast self exam each month. In addition, the benefits of reflexology on oncology patients have been brought to the forefront and as a result there will be the first International Symposium on Reflexology & Cancer on October 29-31 in Kibbutz Shefayim, Israel. This is an very exciting time for Reflexologists and the reflexology profession!
Thank you again for the opportunity to be a part of such a wonderful woman's event!

No comments: